The First Annual Sturbridge Herbfest
Saturday, October 5, 2019
9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Sturbridge Senior Center
480 Main Street (Rte. 20), Fiskdale, MA
This Herbfest is a brainchild of three local herbalists: Salli Greene, Joanne Grubert, and Chris Haller. There are very few herbal conferences nationally and none in this area. This can make it difficult for herbalists, young and old, male and female, to gain more education in a conference setting. Sturbridge, because it is centrally located, is an ideal location and is expected that the Herbfest will be an annual event.
There will also be food vendors and craft, jewelry, and product vendors set up on the lawn of the Sturbridge Senior Center.
The Sturbridge Herbfest is now taking vendor applications, $50 for a 10x10 space. Pre-registration is $10 and $15 the day of the event. Intensives are $25. The other classes are part of the admission.
For more information call Salli, at Alternatives For Health, 508-347-2111.
2-hour Intensive Classes:
- Susan Clements Winter Health
- Chris Morano - Native Plant Uses of a Practicing Herbalist
- Kathy Furz-Spencer - Cannabis
- Medicinal Mushrooms Jodie Cammiss
- Flower Essences Joyce LaFortune
- Lyme Disease Michelle Miller
- Herbal Teas Amber Kennedy
- The Percolation Method of Extraction Trish Curran
- Medicine Making Linda DiPasquale
- Growing Medicinal Herbs from Seeds Maria and Jaimie Dickinson
- Childrens Health Samantha Jolin
- Womens Health Bonnie Kavanaugh
- Stress Rita Schiano
- Food Preservation Nika Boyce
- Ayuvedic Herbal Medicine Melanie Lyman
- Herbal First Aid Kit Diana Byron
- Herbs for Pets Cathy Stone
- Essential Oils Lesley Wooler
- Garlic Syrup and the Benefits of Garlic Nancy Livensparger
- Composting Zach LaVernge
Weed Walk Amber Kennedy